Al Qaeda training militants to ‘whack’ western innocents
London: Jihadists groups in the UK, which were trained by Al-Qaeda in Pakistan, have been ordered to spread their knowledge throughout Europe so fanatics can “whack” innocent people here, it has emerged.
Details of the orders emerged after the ringleaders of a Birmingham terror cell were convicted on Thursday of planning a suicide bombing campaign in the UK.
Irfan Naseer, 31, Irfan Khalid, 27, and Ashik Ali, 27, now face life behind bars after plotting to kill hundreds of people with eight suicide bombers armed with guns.
According to the Telegraph, it emerged that the terror group now favours training a few extremists and using them as emissaries to recruit other self-motivated cells to launch attacks in the West.
But in conversations secretly recorded by MI5 and the police, the pair revealed the terror group’s desire to then pass on their expertise.
Naseer told members of his cell that ‘Al-Qaeda’s main aim is the knowledge that they give us, we want more and more people (to) have (a) stance in Europe. So they can start whacking you there, yeah, do you understand?’
According to the paper, the terror case also highlighted flaws in the government’s Prevent strategy, which is supposed to encourage communities to work with the police to highlight and stop the radicalisation of young people.
It emerged that some people in Birmingham knew Naseer had sent four other men to Pakistan for training but did not alert the police, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city