Al Qaeda training militants to ‘whack’ western innocents
London: Jihadists groups in the UK, which were trained by Al-Qaeda in Pakistan, have been ordered to spread their knowledge throughout Europe so fanatics can “whack” innocent people here, it has emerged.
Details of the orders emerged after the ringleaders of a Birmingham terror cell were convicted on Thursday of planning a suicide bombing campaign in the UK.
Irfan Naseer, 31, Irfan Khalid, 27, and Ashik Ali, 27, now face life behind bars after plotting to kill hundreds of people with eight suicide bombers armed with guns.
According to the Telegraph, it emerged that the terror group now favours training a few extremists and using them as emissaries to recruit other self-motivated cells to launch attacks in the West.
But in conversations secretly recorded by MI5 and the police, the pair revealed the terror group’s desire to then pass on their expertise.
Naseer told members of his cell that ‘Al-Qaeda’s main aim is the knowledge that they give us, we want more and more people (to) have (a) stance in Europe. So they can start whacking you there, yeah, do you understand?’
According to the paper, the terror case also highlighted flaws in the government’s Prevent strategy, which is supposed to encourage communities to work with the police to highlight and stop the radicalisation of young people.
It emerged that some people in Birmingham knew Naseer had sent four other men to Pakistan for training but did not alert the police, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened