Al Qaeda training militants to ‘whack’ western innocents
London: Jihadists groups in the UK, which were trained by Al-Qaeda in Pakistan, have been ordered to spread their knowledge throughout Europe so fanatics can “whack” innocent people here, it has emerged.
Details of the orders emerged after the ringleaders of a Birmingham terror cell were convicted on Thursday of planning a suicide bombing campaign in the UK.
Irfan Naseer, 31, Irfan Khalid, 27, and Ashik Ali, 27, now face life behind bars after plotting to kill hundreds of people with eight suicide bombers armed with guns.
According to the Telegraph, it emerged that the terror group now favours training a few extremists and using them as emissaries to recruit other self-motivated cells to launch attacks in the West.
But in conversations secretly recorded by MI5 and the police, the pair revealed the terror group’s desire to then pass on their expertise.
Naseer told members of his cell that ‘Al-Qaeda’s main aim is the knowledge that they give us, we want more and more people (to) have (a) stance in Europe. So they can start whacking you there, yeah, do you understand?’
According to the paper, the terror case also highlighted flaws in the government’s Prevent strategy, which is supposed to encourage communities to work with the police to highlight and stop the radicalisation of young people.
It emerged that some people in Birmingham knew Naseer had sent four other men to Pakistan for training but did not alert the police, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’