AQ Khan remains a proliferation concern: US
Pittsburgh: The Obama Administration has said disgraced Pakistani nuclear scientist A Q Khan remains a nuclear non-proliferation concern and it is in constant contact with Pak authorities in this regard.
"We have said consistently that we have real concerns about Mr A Q Khan. We believe that he remains a risk for proliferation," the State Department spokesman, Ian Kelly,
told reporters yesterday at his daily press briefing.
However, he refrained from making any comment on the Khan`s latest revelation that Pakistan supplied nuclear know-how to countries such as China, Iran, Libya and North Korea.
Britain`s `Sunday Times`, quoting a four-page `secret` letter from Khan addressed to his Dutch wife Henny, had said that Pakistan shared nuclear technology with these countries.
As Khan remains a real concern for the US, Kelly said, "For that reason, we stay in very close contact with the Pakistani authorities to ensure that there is no proliferation
risk from him or from any other source in Pakistan."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company