AQ Khan remains a proliferation concern: US
Pittsburgh: The Obama Administration has said disgraced Pakistani nuclear scientist A Q Khan remains a nuclear non-proliferation concern and it is in constant contact with Pak authorities in this regard.
"We have said consistently that we have real concerns about Mr A Q Khan. We believe that he remains a risk for proliferation," the State Department spokesman, Ian Kelly,
told reporters yesterday at his daily press briefing.
However, he refrained from making any comment on the Khan`s latest revelation that Pakistan supplied nuclear know-how to countries such as China, Iran, Libya and North Korea.
Britain`s `Sunday Times`, quoting a four-page `secret` letter from Khan addressed to his Dutch wife Henny, had said that Pakistan shared nuclear technology with these countries.
As Khan remains a real concern for the US, Kelly said, "For that reason, we stay in very close contact with the Pakistani authorities to ensure that there is no proliferation
risk from him or from any other source in Pakistan."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you