Asif Zardari`s Russia visit postponed
Moscow: Pakistan President Asif Ali
Zardari`s visit to Russia has been put off at Islamabad`s
request and the new dates are still to be fixed, a Russian
Foreign Minstry official said.
"Mr Zardari was expected in Moscow on May 20, at the
invitation of President Medvedev. However, they have expressed
inability to come due to domestic problems and have requested
to consider a new date in the second half of the year,"
official told agency.
According to him the highest-level dialogue with
Islamabad, is part of the global anti-terror combat and
resolving the situation in Afghanistan.
Last May, on the sidelines of Shanghai Cooperation
Organisation summit in Yekaterinburg, President Medvedev had
bilateral and trilateral meetings with Zardari and Afghan
leader Hamid Karzai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam