Asif Zardari`s Russia visit postponed
Moscow: Pakistan President Asif Ali
Zardari`s visit to Russia has been put off at Islamabad`s
request and the new dates are still to be fixed, a Russian
Foreign Minstry official said.
"Mr Zardari was expected in Moscow on May 20, at the
invitation of President Medvedev. However, they have expressed
inability to come due to domestic problems and have requested
to consider a new date in the second half of the year,"
official told agency.
According to him the highest-level dialogue with
Islamabad, is part of the global anti-terror combat and
resolving the situation in Afghanistan.
Last May, on the sidelines of Shanghai Cooperation
Organisation summit in Yekaterinburg, President Medvedev had
bilateral and trilateral meetings with Zardari and Afghan
leader Hamid Karzai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest