Asma questions Memo Commission’s jurisdiction
Lahore: Former Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) president and rights activist Asma Jahangir has said the Memo Commission has no authority to label anyone a ``traitor``.
Asma, also the counsel for former Pakistani envoy to the US Husain Haqqani, said she has serious reservations on the Memogate Commission`s report which held Haqqani guilty, and added that the commission is biased, reports the Daily Times.
Asma said the commission acted as both complainant and arbitrator. She also said she was not informed about the hearing of the memo case and she came to know about it only through media reports.
She said it was strange that the commission sent an intimation to her client outside Pakistan but failed to inform his counsel in the country. She said she would not appear before the court without proper intimation.
Asma also said that the commission should have shown the report to the parties concerned before presenting it to the apex court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?