`Back channel diplomacy` underway on Kashmir: Pak
Lahore: Pakistan has said that "back channel
diplomacy" is being conducted with India to resolve the
"Back channel diplomacy with India is underway to resolve
the Kashmir issue. However, we are stressing India should hold
tripartite talks (with Pakistan and the Kashmiris). The
Kashmiris must be involved in parleys for a peaceful solution
to the conflict," Pakistan`s Kashmir Affairs Minister Manzoor
Ahmed Wattoo said.
Wattoo did not give details of the back channel contacts.
Recent media reports in Pakistan have suggested that
former Foreign Secretary Riaz Khan has been holding talks with
ex-Indian envoy S K Lambah as part of the back channel
At the same time, Wattoo said that the Kashmir issue
should be resolved under existing UN resolutions.
Alleging that "human rights violations are on the rise"
in Kashmir, he said "the world powers should play their role
in resolving the issue."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic