Bangladesh daily objects to Hasina congratulating Mamata
Dhaka: Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina "undermined her status and office" by calling up Mamata Banerjee, victor of the election in India`s West Bengal state, a Dhaka daily said on Sunday.
New Age took exception to Hasina telephoning Mamata, "a chief minister-elect" of an Indian state.
Hasina`s "apparent euphoria" at the defeat of the Left Front in West Bengal "tends to betray her attitude towards Left politics in general".
That "should be an eye-opener for the Left-leaning parties" which are in the Awami League-led ruling alliance, it said.
The newspaper editorial criticised the Indian media for its `simplistic` conclusion that the communists were out of the power for good.
It said the Communist Party of India-Marxist had long ceased to be a communist party in the real sense, having made "a fundamental compromise on the ideological plain, manifested by apparently endless adjustment and accommodation, ultimately rendered it into a left-of-centre liberal democratic bourgeoisie, not an exponent of communism that it used to be".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'