Bangladesh to get $63 mn loan from Kuwait
Dhaka: Bangladesh will receive USD 63 million in loan from Kuwait for help in a power project and to achieve food security in the country, a statement said.
The Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED) approved the loan on Sunday under an agreement signed in Dhaka between itself and the Economic Relations Division of Bangladesh`s Finance Ministry, Xinhua reported citing a ministry release.
Under the agreement, an amount of USD 10 million has been given from Kuwait`s Goodwill Fund for the Promotion of Food Security in Islamic Countries to assist Bangladesh achieve food security.
Another USD 53 million would help finance the Shikalbaha 225 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant project under the Bangladeshi Power Development Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars