Bangladesh to get $63 mn loan from Kuwait
Dhaka: Bangladesh will receive USD 63 million in loan from Kuwait for help in a power project and to achieve food security in the country, a statement said.
The Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED) approved the loan on Sunday under an agreement signed in Dhaka between itself and the Economic Relations Division of Bangladesh`s Finance Ministry, Xinhua reported citing a ministry release.
Under the agreement, an amount of USD 10 million has been given from Kuwait`s Goodwill Fund for the Promotion of Food Security in Islamic Countries to assist Bangladesh achieve food security.
Another USD 53 million would help finance the Shikalbaha 225 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant project under the Bangladeshi Power Development Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video