B`desh TV channels may soon be viewed in India
Dhaka: Bangladeshi satellite TV channels may
soon be able to telecast their programmes in India,
Bangladesh`s Information Minister said on Tuesday.
"The chief ministers (of four Indian states) assured me
of taking steps so our private television channels can easily
be downlinked in India," Information Minister Abul Kalam Azad
told newsmen emerging from a meeting along with eight other
Bangladesh ministers on the sidelines of the talks between
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with his counterpart Sheikh
Azad added: "this will create an opportunity for building
people-to-people cooperation being wanted by both the
Bangladesh TV channels currently require permission from
Indian authorities for telecasting their programmes.
Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith moderated the
meeting held at Sonargaon Hotel on the sidelines of the
official talks between Hasina and Singh.
Chief minister of Mizoram PU Lalthanhawla, Chief Minister
of Tripura Manik Sarkar, Chief Minister of Meghalaya Mukul
Sangma and Chief Minister of Assam Tarun Gogoi attended the
After the meeting, State Minister for Forests and
Environment Hasan Mahmud told BSS that the finance minister
while moderating the discussion observed that Bangladesh would
get the benefit of India`s economic strength by enhancing
India, the fourth largest economy in the world, is the
second largest business partner of Bangladesh.
Manik Sarkar gave a statistic showing that Bangladesh
would be more beneficial than India from transit.
Talking to journalists, State Minister for Home Affairs
of Bangladesh Shamsul Haq Tuku said he drew attention of the
chief ministers to killing of innocent people in cross-border
areas and requested them to take steps to stop such
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt