Benazir case: Arrest warrant against Musharraf
Rawalpindi: A Pakistani Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) has issued an arrest warrant against former military ruler Pervez Musharraf in connection with the Benazir Bhutto assassination case.
An ATC court in Rawalpindi was hearing the case involving the murder of former prime minister and PPP leader Benazir Bhutto on Saturday.
The petitioner told the court that even after being summoned and proclaimed as offender, Musharraf did not appear in the court, therefore, the court should give orders to confiscate his property.
Subsequently, the ATC issued an arrest warrant against the former president, ordered to submit details of his movable and immovable property in the court, and adjourned the hearing for two weeks, Geo TV reports.
On May 30, the court had declared Musharraf a proclaimed offender in the Benazir assassination case, enabling the court to attach his immovable property in Pakistan and proceed with the trial of other accused in the case, leaving the authorities to seek other means for his arrest.
He was Pakistan’s president when Benazir was killed in a gun and bomb attack as she was leaving Liaqat Bagh in Rawalpindi after addressing a public rally on December 27, 2007.
Musharraf is alleged to have been part of a “broad conspiracy” to have his political rival Benazir killed before elections, though the exact nature of the charges against him is not clear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!