Biden discusses Afghanistan, Pak flood with British Deputy PM
Washington: The US Vice President Joe Biden held a video conference with the British Deputy Prime Minister Nicholas Clegg and discussed a host of issues including situation in Afghanistan and the flood relief work in Pakistan.
"The two leaders discussed our governments` responses
to the severe flooding in Pakistan and agreed on the need for
the international community to redouble efforts to assist the
people of Pakistan," the White House said.
"They also discussed NATO ISAF efforts in Afghanistan
and our mutual interest in the prompt formation of an inclusive government in Iraq that meets the needs and aspirations of all Iraqi people," it said.
Biden reiterated to Clegg Obama Administration`s
support for the US-UK Defense Trade Cooperation treaty.
"The Vice President also updated Deputy Prime Minister
Clegg on the United States` efforts to advance peace in the
Middle East, including support for direct talks between the
parties," the White House said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation