Biden discusses Afghanistan, Pak flood with British Deputy PM
Washington: The US Vice President Joe Biden held a video conference with the British Deputy Prime Minister Nicholas Clegg and discussed a host of issues including situation in Afghanistan and the flood relief work in Pakistan.
"The two leaders discussed our governments` responses
to the severe flooding in Pakistan and agreed on the need for
the international community to redouble efforts to assist the
people of Pakistan," the White House said.
"They also discussed NATO ISAF efforts in Afghanistan
and our mutual interest in the prompt formation of an inclusive government in Iraq that meets the needs and aspirations of all Iraqi people," it said.
Biden reiterated to Clegg Obama Administration`s
support for the US-UK Defense Trade Cooperation treaty.
"The Vice President also updated Deputy Prime Minister
Clegg on the United States` efforts to advance peace in the
Middle East, including support for direct talks between the
parties," the White House said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog