Blast destroys stadium, school in Pak tribal area
Peshawar: A stadium and a school were
destroyed on Saturday when a powerful bomb went off in the volatile
Khyber tribal region in northwest Pakistan, though there was
no loss of life, officials said.
The explosive device, which had been planted in the
stadium close to the school in Bara area of Khyber tribal
agency, exploded with a loud bang early this morning.
Both the school and stadium buildings were empty at the
time of the blast, the officials said.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a
search operation after the blast, which was believed to have
been triggered by pro-Taliban militants.
No group claimed responsibility for the blast.
Several militant groups, including the Taliban and the
Lashkar-e-Islam, are active in Khyber.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'