Blast in Karachi, 18 injured
Karachi: An explosion in a densely populated area of Pakistan`s largest city Karachi on Thursday left about 18 people injured.
The explosion took place in Majeed colony, Landhi area, at a popular tea stall called Nadeem hotel and about 18 people were injured, some of them critically, police said.
"The police and bomb disposal squads have rushed to the spot but as yet the intensity and nature of the blast is not known," SSP Imran Shaukat said.
Earlier, seven people were injured in a grenade attack in Quetta. The attack took place on Saryab road.
"The injured included one security official and six civilians," a senior official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside
- Rio Olympics: Sachin Tendulkar meets wrestlers ahead of quadrennial event, boosts morale
- IPL 2016: Shane Watson reprimanded for using offensive language during match against Delhi Daredevils
- Photo alert! Aamir Khan dines with 'X-Men' star Ian McKellen