Body found with car of missing Pakistani journalist
Islamabad: An unidentified body was found
along with the car of a missing journalist near the central
Pakistani city of Jhelum on Monday, police said.
The car belonged to Syed Saleem Shahzad, a journalist
with Asia Times Online, who has been missing since Sunday
evening, police and his relatives said.
The car was found at Sarai Alamghir near Jhelum city
Reports said the identity cards of two persons,
including Shahzad, were found inside the vehicle.
Shahzad`s family left for Jhelum on being informed by
police about the car being found in the area.
Reports quoted Shahzad`s relatives as saying that
initial descriptions did not indicate that the body was that
of the missing journalist.
Rights groups like the Human Rights Watch have said
they believe Shahzad is in the custody of Pakistani
Shahzad, who is the Pakistan bureau chief of Asia
Times Online, went missing days after authoring an article in
which he contended that al Qaeda attacked a naval airbase in
Karachi after failed talks with the navy to release some
He had left his house in Islamabad to participate in a
television programme on Sunday but did not reach the TV
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach