Bomb blast in Nepal, four killed
Kathmandu: At least four people were killed and over 10 injured on Monday when a bomb went off in a central Nepal town on Monday, police said.
According to the police, the bomb went off at Ramanand Chowk in Janakpur district, some 250 km southeast of Kathmandu, when Mithila State Struggle Committee staged a sit-in demanding a separate Mithila state in the new Constitution.
The bomb was attached to a motorcycle parked at site where the sit-in was being staged. It is not clear who rode the bike to the site and left it there, reported Xinhua.
The blast triggered panic, myrepublica.com reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL