Bullet-proof cars for Indian diplomats in Pakistan
New Delhi: The government has reviewed the
security of Indian diplomatic corps posted in Pakistan and has
provided bullet-proof cars to all senior officials.
All officials posted in the Indian High Commission in
Islamabad have been asked to curtail unnecessary travel and
venture out only with proper security guards.
"Senior diplomats posted in Pakistan have been given
bullet-proof vehicles," an official said, referring to various
instances of terror attacks in Pakistan.
Though there is no specific intelligence input about any
threat to the Indian diplomats posted in Pakistan, additional
steps have been taken for their protection.
Security of the Islamabad High Commission complex has
also been tightened, officials said.
Four motorcycle-borne Taliban militants yesterday shot
dead a diplomat of Saudi Arabia, a staunch US ally, claiming
that it was to avenge the killing of Osama bin Laden and
continued drone attacks in Pakistan`s volatile north-west.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday