Bullet-proof cars for Indian diplomats in Pakistan
New Delhi: The government has reviewed the
security of Indian diplomatic corps posted in Pakistan and has
provided bullet-proof cars to all senior officials.
All officials posted in the Indian High Commission in
Islamabad have been asked to curtail unnecessary travel and
venture out only with proper security guards.
"Senior diplomats posted in Pakistan have been given
bullet-proof vehicles," an official said, referring to various
instances of terror attacks in Pakistan.
Though there is no specific intelligence input about any
threat to the Indian diplomats posted in Pakistan, additional
steps have been taken for their protection.
Security of the Islamabad High Commission complex has
also been tightened, officials said.
Four motorcycle-borne Taliban militants yesterday shot
dead a diplomat of Saudi Arabia, a staunch US ally, claiming
that it was to avenge the killing of Osama bin Laden and
continued drone attacks in Pakistan`s volatile north-west.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy