Bullet-proof cars for Indian diplomats in Pakistan
New Delhi: The government has reviewed the
security of Indian diplomatic corps posted in Pakistan and has
provided bullet-proof cars to all senior officials.
All officials posted in the Indian High Commission in
Islamabad have been asked to curtail unnecessary travel and
venture out only with proper security guards.
"Senior diplomats posted in Pakistan have been given
bullet-proof vehicles," an official said, referring to various
instances of terror attacks in Pakistan.
Though there is no specific intelligence input about any
threat to the Indian diplomats posted in Pakistan, additional
steps have been taken for their protection.
Security of the Islamabad High Commission complex has
also been tightened, officials said.
Four motorcycle-borne Taliban militants yesterday shot
dead a diplomat of Saudi Arabia, a staunch US ally, claiming
that it was to avenge the killing of Osama bin Laden and
continued drone attacks in Pakistan`s volatile north-west.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview