Bus accident in Pakistan kills 12
Islamabad: At least 12 people, including women and children, were killed and 29 others injured today when a bus overturned in Pakistan`s Sindh province, police said.
The accident occurred on the busy Indus Highway in Bhan Saeedabad of Dadu district in the province. The bus was going from Shahdadkot to provincial capital Karachi, they said.
A local police official said that they are investigating the cause of the accident. Radio Pakistan said the dead included several women and children.
Road accident are common in Pakistan. At least 15 people, including a woman and two children, were killed on Saturday when a moving train crushed a packed motorcycle rickshaw at a railway crossing in Sheikhupura of Punjab province.
Meanwhile, in a separate incident 11 people were drowned yesterday when a speeding van fell into a canal in Rajanpur district in southern Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?