Bus accident in Pakistan kills 12
Islamabad: At least 12 people, including women and children, were killed and 29 others injured today when a bus overturned in Pakistan`s Sindh province, police said.
The accident occurred on the busy Indus Highway in Bhan Saeedabad of Dadu district in the province. The bus was going from Shahdadkot to provincial capital Karachi, they said.
A local police official said that they are investigating the cause of the accident. Radio Pakistan said the dead included several women and children.
Road accident are common in Pakistan. At least 15 people, including a woman and two children, were killed on Saturday when a moving train crushed a packed motorcycle rickshaw at a railway crossing in Sheikhupura of Punjab province.
Meanwhile, in a separate incident 11 people were drowned yesterday when a speeding van fell into a canal in Rajanpur district in southern Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH