Captured Taliban commander used to run `slaughter chamber`
Islamabad: A top Taliban commander captured
in Pakistan`s Swat valley used to behead security personnel
and opponents at a "slaughter chamber" and had set afire
several girls` schools in the restive northwestern region.
Sher Muhammad Qasab, an aide of Maulana Fazlullah -- the
Taliban chief in Swat -- was arrested yesterday after being
injured in a gun battle with security forces.
Qasab, carrying a reward of Rs 10 million on his head,
had an encounter with the troops lasting several days in which
three of his sons were also killed, officials said today.
They said the militant commander was responsible for
personally beheading security personnel and setting on fire
girls` schools in Swat.
Qasab ran a "slaughter chamber" in Charbagh, a former
Taliban stronghold in Swat in which he used to kill security
personnel and anti-Taliban civilians.
Muslim Khan and Mehmood Khan, two of his associates and
close aides of Fazlullah, were arrested earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing