Captured Taliban commander used to run `slaughter chamber`
Islamabad: A top Taliban commander captured
in Pakistan`s Swat valley used to behead security personnel
and opponents at a "slaughter chamber" and had set afire
several girls` schools in the restive northwestern region.
Sher Muhammad Qasab, an aide of Maulana Fazlullah -- the
Taliban chief in Swat -- was arrested yesterday after being
injured in a gun battle with security forces.
Qasab, carrying a reward of Rs 10 million on his head,
had an encounter with the troops lasting several days in which
three of his sons were also killed, officials said today.
They said the militant commander was responsible for
personally beheading security personnel and setting on fire
girls` schools in Swat.
Qasab ran a "slaughter chamber" in Charbagh, a former
Taliban stronghold in Swat in which he used to kill security
personnel and anti-Taliban civilians.
Muslim Khan and Mehmood Khan, two of his associates and
close aides of Fazlullah, were arrested earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you