Captured Taliban commander used to run `slaughter chamber`
Islamabad: A top Taliban commander captured
in Pakistan`s Swat valley used to behead security personnel
and opponents at a "slaughter chamber" and had set afire
several girls` schools in the restive northwestern region.
Sher Muhammad Qasab, an aide of Maulana Fazlullah -- the
Taliban chief in Swat -- was arrested yesterday after being
injured in a gun battle with security forces.
Qasab, carrying a reward of Rs 10 million on his head,
had an encounter with the troops lasting several days in which
three of his sons were also killed, officials said today.
They said the militant commander was responsible for
personally beheading security personnel and setting on fire
girls` schools in Swat.
Qasab ran a "slaughter chamber" in Charbagh, a former
Taliban stronghold in Swat in which he used to kill security
personnel and anti-Taliban civilians.
Muslim Khan and Mehmood Khan, two of his associates and
close aides of Fazlullah, were arrested earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi
- Has Dhanush replaced Vicky Kaushal in Bejoy Nambiar's next?
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside