CIA finds seven more photos of Bin Laden`s dead body
Washington: The CIA has reportedly found seven additional photographs of Osama Bin Laden`s dead body that were not turned up in earlier searches.
In response to Freedom of Information Act requests for such images, the Justice Department had previously told requesters and the courts that there were 52 pictures of the corpse.
All the photos were withheld both as classified national security secrets and as operational files of the CIA.
However, in a letter on Friday, Justice Department attorney Marcia Berman told the conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch that the initial search missed the extra seven photos, Politico reports.
According to the report, she, however, did not reveal how, why or precisely when they turned up.
Berman said the records were considered classified and are being withheld for the same reason as the 52 other images.
According to the report, the CIA declined to comment on the matter, citing a policy of not commenting on matters in litigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj