Committed to positive ties with Afghanistan: Pak
Islamabad: Pakistan today said it was committed to building a positive and mutually beneficial ties with Afghanistan, days after Kabul hinted at its involvement in a deadly terror attack on a hotel that left nine people dead.
"Pakistan desires to build a positive and mutually beneficial bilateral relationship with Afghanistan. Pakistan also remains committed in its support for efforts to ensure free and fair electoral process in Afghanistan," a statement released by the Pakistan Foreign Office here said.
Afghanistan had said the shooting at Hotel Serena on Thursday was planned "outside the country", an indirect reference to Pakistan.
Subsequently, Pakistan Foreign Office issued a statement saying, "It is highly disturbing that attempts are being made to somehow implicate Pakistan in this terrorist incident. We reject the insinuation. The tendency to immediately blame Pakistan is unhelpful and should be discarded."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!