`Confident` Musharraf to return to Pak on Jan 25
Islamabad: Former president Pervez Musharraf has said he plans to return to Pakistan from self-exile on January 25 or 27 as he is confident that he will be acquitted in all the cases filed against him in the country.
Musharraf, who has been living outside Pakistan since
April 2009, said he would reach Pakistan on January 25 or 27.
The former military ruler said about 600 persons from
across the world would accompany him on his return.
Musharraf told an event in Dubai on Thursday that he was
hopeful he would be acquitted in the cases registered against
him after two to three court hearings.
He said he was ready to face the courts.
A slew of civil and criminal cases have been filed
against Musharraf in courts across Pakistan over the past two
A court in Balochistan has issued an arrest warrant for
him in connection with a case related to the killing of
Baloch nationalist leader Akbar Bugti in a military operation
Another anti-terrorism court in Rawalpindi too has issued
an arrest warrant for Musharraf for failing to cooperate with
investigators probing the 2007 assassination of former premier
This court also directed authorities to confiscate
all of Musharraf’s assets, including his farmhouse on the
outskirts of Islamabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?