`Drunk` Pakistani pilot arrested at UK airport
London: A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) pilot has been arrested at a British airport for being in charge of a plane at the time he was drunk.
According to The Daily Times, officers were called on Wednesday evening to the airport serving the northern English cities of Leeds and Bradford where they arrested a 54-year-old man from Pakistan.
The exact circumstances of the arrest were not entirely clear, although the pilot was not thought to be flying at the time, the report said
The police said that the man, from Pakistan, is currently in custody.
A PIA spokesman said that the pilot had been immediately grounded and suspended upon violation of rules leading towards becoming unfit for flying.
The pilot was the captain of flight PK-776 from Leeds-Bradford to Islamabad, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!