`Drunk` Pakistani pilot arrested at UK airport
London: A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) pilot has been arrested at a British airport for being in charge of a plane at the time he was drunk.
According to The Daily Times, officers were called on Wednesday evening to the airport serving the northern English cities of Leeds and Bradford where they arrested a 54-year-old man from Pakistan.
The exact circumstances of the arrest were not entirely clear, although the pilot was not thought to be flying at the time, the report said
The police said that the man, from Pakistan, is currently in custody.
A PIA spokesman said that the pilot had been immediately grounded and suspended upon violation of rules leading towards becoming unfit for flying.
The pilot was the captain of flight PK-776 from Leeds-Bradford to Islamabad, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video