`Drunk` Pakistani pilot arrested at UK airport
London: A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) pilot has been arrested at a British airport for being in charge of a plane at the time he was drunk.
According to The Daily Times, officers were called on Wednesday evening to the airport serving the northern English cities of Leeds and Bradford where they arrested a 54-year-old man from Pakistan.
The exact circumstances of the arrest were not entirely clear, although the pilot was not thought to be flying at the time, the report said
The police said that the man, from Pakistan, is currently in custody.
A PIA spokesman said that the pilot had been immediately grounded and suspended upon violation of rules leading towards becoming unfit for flying.
The pilot was the captain of flight PK-776 from Leeds-Bradford to Islamabad, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice