Earthquake of 5.2 magnitude jolts Nepal, 15 hurt; tremors felt in Bihar
New Delhi/Kathmandu: A 5.2 magnitude earthquake on Friday evening struck close to Kathmandu, shaking much of the capital of Nepal as per the US Geological Survey (USGS). At least 15 people are reportedly injured.
Due to the quake in Nepal, strong tremors were also felt in parts of India's Bihar including Muzaffarpur, Sitamarhi, Bettiah, Darbhanga and Raxaul, ANI reported.
The earthquake quake was epi-centred at Sindhupal chowk district, 55 km, north east of Nepal's capital Kathmandu according to The National Seismological Centre.
Meanwhile, the spokesperson of Nepal home ministry said, "Fifteen people were injured in Kathmandu as people ran away from their houses in panic during the tremor," PTI reported.
Two injured persons have been admitted to the hospital. The tremor was also felt in Pokhara, a tourist hub of western Nepal, 200 km, south-west of Kathmandu.
Nine days ago, another 4.4 magnitude tremor was recorded in the same area.
There has been so far 428 after shocks with 4 or more magnitude recorded across Nepal after the devastating earthquake of April 25, 2015.
8500 people lad lost their lives in that massive earthquake. Many people in India also lost their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh