Earthquake of 5.2 magnitude jolts Nepal, 15 hurt; tremors felt in Bihar
New Delhi/Kathmandu: A 5.2 magnitude earthquake on Friday evening struck close to Kathmandu, shaking much of the capital of Nepal as per the US Geological Survey (USGS). At least 15 people are reportedly injured.
Due to the quake in Nepal, strong tremors were also felt in parts of India's Bihar including Muzaffarpur, Sitamarhi, Bettiah, Darbhanga and Raxaul, ANI reported.
The earthquake quake was epi-centred at Sindhupal chowk district, 55 km, north east of Nepal's capital Kathmandu according to The National Seismological Centre.
Meanwhile, the spokesperson of Nepal home ministry said, "Fifteen people were injured in Kathmandu as people ran away from their houses in panic during the tremor," PTI reported.
Two injured persons have been admitted to the hospital. The tremor was also felt in Pokhara, a tourist hub of western Nepal, 200 km, south-west of Kathmandu.
Nine days ago, another 4.4 magnitude tremor was recorded in the same area.
There has been so far 428 after shocks with 4 or more magnitude recorded across Nepal after the devastating earthquake of April 25, 2015.
8500 people lad lost their lives in that massive earthquake. Many people in India also lost their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand