Eight security personnel killed in suicide attack in Pakistan
Islamabad: Eight security personnel were killed and over a dozen others injured when a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into a check post in the restive North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Saturday.
The attacker targeted the Esha check post near Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan Agency, this evening, officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
Six security personnel were killed instantly and two more died later. Over a dozen others were injured, the officials said.
Troops cordoned off the area after the attack and launched a search operation. Local residents said the blast was followed by firing though it was not possible to ascertain who opened fire.
North Waziristan is considered a safe haven for Taliban and Al Qaeda elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried