Eight security personnel killed in suicide attack in Pakistan
Islamabad: Eight security personnel were killed and over a dozen others injured when a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into a check post in the restive North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Saturday.
The attacker targeted the Esha check post near Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan Agency, this evening, officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
Six security personnel were killed instantly and two more died later. Over a dozen others were injured, the officials said.
Troops cordoned off the area after the attack and launched a search operation. Local residents said the blast was followed by firing though it was not possible to ascertain who opened fire.
North Waziristan is considered a safe haven for Taliban and Al Qaeda elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda