Karachi: A former advocate general of Balochistan was released by unknown abductors, more than a month after he was kidnapped from Quetta.
Former advocate general Salahuddin Mengal was left on Saryab road in Quetta by unknown assailants, police said.
Mengal had been kidnapped in broad daylight from the same road in the provincial capital on April 4.
"He was abducted by unknown assailants while he was on his way home from the Baluchistan High Court," a police official said.
Following the kidnapping, angry protesters had blocked Saryab Road, chanting slogans against the government over continued kidnappings in the province.
Lawyers in Balochistan have also boycotted courts to protest Mengal`s kidnapping and were also absent from courts today.
"He is back home and is being given medical treatment," his brother Najam Mengal told reporters in Quetta.