Four killed in rocket attack in Quetta
Islamabad: Four persons, including a
policeman, were killed and 16 more injured when unidentified
attackers fired three rockets at Quetta city in southwest
Pakistan today, police said.
The rockets hit different locations in Quetta, the
capital of Balochistan province, this evening.
Large contingents of security forces and police
reached these locations and cordoned them off before launching
a search for the attackers.
A senior police officer was among the injured,
officials said. Witnesses said the rockets hit Chaman
crossing, Saryab crossing and Khaliqabad.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Officials usually blame such attacks on Baloch
nationalist insurgents. Earlier in the day, two rockets were
fired at the port city of Karachi and partially damaged a
mosque and an adjacent seminary, police said.
In a separate incident, six armed men attacked and
torched three container trucks carrying supplies for NATO
forces in Afghanistan in Sibi area of Balochistan.
The gunmen, who were on two motorcycles, fired at the
trucks and then set them on fire, officials of the Levies
Traffic on the Karachi-Quetta highway was suspended
for an hour after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success