Four killed in rocket attack in Quetta
Islamabad: Four persons, including a
policeman, were killed and 16 more injured when unidentified
attackers fired three rockets at Quetta city in southwest
Pakistan today, police said.
The rockets hit different locations in Quetta, the
capital of Balochistan province, this evening.
Large contingents of security forces and police
reached these locations and cordoned them off before launching
a search for the attackers.
A senior police officer was among the injured,
officials said. Witnesses said the rockets hit Chaman
crossing, Saryab crossing and Khaliqabad.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Officials usually blame such attacks on Baloch
nationalist insurgents. Earlier in the day, two rockets were
fired at the port city of Karachi and partially damaged a
mosque and an adjacent seminary, police said.
In a separate incident, six armed men attacked and
torched three container trucks carrying supplies for NATO
forces in Afghanistan in Sibi area of Balochistan.
The gunmen, who were on two motorcycles, fired at the
trucks and then set them on fire, officials of the Levies
Traffic on the Karachi-Quetta highway was suspended
for an hour after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks