Guilty to be punished in girl torture case: Karzai
Kabul: President Hamid Karzai says police will
arrest members of a family accused of torturing and illegally detaining their son`s teenage wife for the past six months while trying to force her into a life of crime.
After meeting senior security officials yesterday, Karzai
said in a statement that whoever used violence against
15-year-old Sahar Gul must be punished.
According to police in northeastern Baghlan province, the
in-laws kept Gul in a basement for six months, ripped her hair
out and broke her fingers.
On Saturday, the ministers of public health and women`s
affairs and the head of the government`s human rights commission visited Gul, who is recovering in a Kabul hospital.
They demanded from the government that her in-laws be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack