Guilty to be punished in girl torture case: Karzai
Kabul: President Hamid Karzai says police will
arrest members of a family accused of torturing and illegally detaining their son`s teenage wife for the past six months while trying to force her into a life of crime.
After meeting senior security officials yesterday, Karzai
said in a statement that whoever used violence against
15-year-old Sahar Gul must be punished.
According to police in northeastern Baghlan province, the
in-laws kept Gul in a basement for six months, ripped her hair
out and broke her fingers.
On Saturday, the ministers of public health and women`s
affairs and the head of the government`s human rights commission visited Gul, who is recovering in a Kabul hospital.
They demanded from the government that her in-laws be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’