Guilty to be punished in girl torture case: Karzai
Kabul: President Hamid Karzai says police will
arrest members of a family accused of torturing and illegally detaining their son`s teenage wife for the past six months while trying to force her into a life of crime.
After meeting senior security officials yesterday, Karzai
said in a statement that whoever used violence against
15-year-old Sahar Gul must be punished.
According to police in northeastern Baghlan province, the
in-laws kept Gul in a basement for six months, ripped her hair
out and broke her fingers.
On Saturday, the ministers of public health and women`s
affairs and the head of the government`s human rights commission visited Gul, who is recovering in a Kabul hospital.
They demanded from the government that her in-laws be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers