Guilty to be punished in girl torture case: Karzai
Kabul: President Hamid Karzai says police will
arrest members of a family accused of torturing and illegally detaining their son`s teenage wife for the past six months while trying to force her into a life of crime.
After meeting senior security officials yesterday, Karzai
said in a statement that whoever used violence against
15-year-old Sahar Gul must be punished.
According to police in northeastern Baghlan province, the
in-laws kept Gul in a basement for six months, ripped her hair
out and broke her fingers.
On Saturday, the ministers of public health and women`s
affairs and the head of the government`s human rights commission visited Gul, who is recovering in a Kabul hospital.
They demanded from the government that her in-laws be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JuD medical team to apply for Indian visa to travel to Kashmir
- Check out! Katrina Kaif's realistic take on friendships in Bollywood
- London’s Golders Green station closed due to security alert over abandoned car
- Shocking! Heartbreaking video of babies born addicted to drugs - Watch
- Shiv Sena rues breakdown in communication with BJP, blames generational shift in party