Guilty to be punished in girl torture case: Karzai
Kabul: President Hamid Karzai says police will
arrest members of a family accused of torturing and illegally detaining their son`s teenage wife for the past six months while trying to force her into a life of crime.
After meeting senior security officials yesterday, Karzai
said in a statement that whoever used violence against
15-year-old Sahar Gul must be punished.
According to police in northeastern Baghlan province, the
in-laws kept Gul in a basement for six months, ripped her hair
out and broke her fingers.
On Saturday, the ministers of public health and women`s
affairs and the head of the government`s human rights commission visited Gul, who is recovering in a Kabul hospital.
They demanded from the government that her in-laws be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed