Hafiz Saeed warns Pak against friendship with India
Islamabad: Hafiz Saeed, the founder of the terror outfit Lashkar-e-Tayeba ( LeT) has once again warned the political leadership of Pakistan not to renew friendly ties with India.
Saeed`s warning comes on the eve of the oath taking ceremony of new prime minister of the country. Saeed said that Pakistan cannot hold out its hand of friendship unless the Kashmir issue is resolved.
Saeed, who now heads the banned charity, Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), warned Prime Minister elect Nawaz Sharif that those who voted him to power would not want him to extend the hand of friendship to India.
Saeed said that unless the Kashmir issue is resolved, there can be no trade, no friendship, no agreements with India.
Soon after his Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz emerged victorious in the historic May 11th ballot, Sharif had said he was even willing to go to New Delhi to improve ties.
Saeed also cautioned the new government from granting any trade concessions to India.
Saeed also said that India will not get the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status unless the Kashmir issue is resolved. He also said that Indian PM Manmohan Singh should stop doing politics on Kashmir.
Saeed is the founder of the JUD which is the parent organization of the LET which masterminded the Mumbai 2008 attacks that killed 166 people, including six Americans.
The US had last year put a 10 million dollar bounty on Saeed, yet he roams free in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?