Hafiz Saeed warns Pak against friendship with India
Islamabad: Hafiz Saeed, the founder of the terror outfit Lashkar-e-Tayeba ( LeT) has once again warned the political leadership of Pakistan not to renew friendly ties with India.
Saeed`s warning comes on the eve of the oath taking ceremony of new prime minister of the country. Saeed said that Pakistan cannot hold out its hand of friendship unless the Kashmir issue is resolved.
Saeed, who now heads the banned charity, Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), warned Prime Minister elect Nawaz Sharif that those who voted him to power would not want him to extend the hand of friendship to India.
Saeed said that unless the Kashmir issue is resolved, there can be no trade, no friendship, no agreements with India.
Soon after his Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz emerged victorious in the historic May 11th ballot, Sharif had said he was even willing to go to New Delhi to improve ties.
Saeed also cautioned the new government from granting any trade concessions to India.
Saeed also said that India will not get the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status unless the Kashmir issue is resolved. He also said that Indian PM Manmohan Singh should stop doing politics on Kashmir.
Saeed is the founder of the JUD which is the parent organization of the LET which masterminded the Mumbai 2008 attacks that killed 166 people, including six Americans.
The US had last year put a 10 million dollar bounty on Saeed, yet he roams free in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP