Heavy rains, landslides kill 90 in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Nearly 90 people have died in Bangladesh in flash floods and landslides triggered by heavy rains, officials said Wednesday.
Rains have wrecked havoc in the three hill districts of Chittagong, Cox`s Bazaar and Bandarban since Tuesday, killing at least 88 people, Xinhua reported.
The military, police and the fire service personnel have joined the rescue efforts.
According to the Met Office, Chittagong received more than 460 mm rain till 9 p.m. Tuesday, submerging almost two-thirds of the city.
Dhaka`s flood forecasting centre Wednesday said that the water-levels in all the major rivers are rising, while some were flowing over the danger mark.
It warned that the situation may become worse in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read