Hindus to celebrate Shivaratri in Pakistan
Islamabad: Hindus will celebrate Shivaratri dedicated to Lord Shiva at a temple in Lahore, said a media report.
Shivaratri will be celebrated on February 20.
According to an estimate, Hindus form about five percent of the country`s population of 180 million.
Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) sources said in Lahore that the festival would be celebrated at Karishna Mandar (temple), reported Geo News.
ETPB shrines department has finalised arrangements, including security.
Pakistan Hindu Welfare Council chairman Munawar Chand thanked authorities for special arrangements for the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra