Hindus to celebrate Shivaratri in Pakistan
Islamabad: Hindus will celebrate Shivaratri dedicated to Lord Shiva at a temple in Lahore, said a media report.
Shivaratri will be celebrated on February 20.
According to an estimate, Hindus form about five percent of the country`s population of 180 million.
Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) sources said in Lahore that the festival would be celebrated at Karishna Mandar (temple), reported Geo News.
ETPB shrines department has finalised arrangements, including security.
Pakistan Hindu Welfare Council chairman Munawar Chand thanked authorities for special arrangements for the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?