HuJI threatens to attack Pak HC in India
Islamabad: The al-Qaeda-linked terror group HuJI has threatened to attack Pakistan`s Foreign Office, its High Commission in India and top diplomats if Islamabad does not stop sharing information about it with New Delhi, according to a media report early on Sunday.
Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami has threatened it will attack the Foreign Office, the Foreign Secretary, Pakistan`s High Commission in New Delhi and High Commissioner Shahid Malik if its demand is not met, a newspaper quoted police sources as saying.
The terrorist group warned the Foreign Office to ask Pakistan`s High Commission in New Delhi to stop sharing details and information about HuJI with the Indian government, the report said.
The warning was given through a handwritten letter addressed to Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir, it said.
The letter in Urdu was sent by mail to Bashir`s residence in Sector F-6 of Islamabad a few days ago. Senior police officers met Bashir to inquire about the letter. Police officers analysed the letter and confirmed that it had been sent by HuJI, the daily quoted its sources as saying.
Police also found out the letter was mailed from within Islamabad.
A team of police commandos has been deployed at Bashir’s residence and he has been provided police protection. A strict vigil was mounted around Bashir`s house, the Foreign Office and roads leading to the two places.
Ilyas Kashmiri, the commander of HuJI who is believed to have masterminded the Mumbai attacks and a terrorist assault on a naval airbase in Karachi, was reportedly killed in a US drone attack in South Waziristan tribal region last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says