I think Afzal Guru was innocent, says Hamid Mir
Islamabad: Afzal Guru was "innocent", said Pakistani journalist and TV anchor Hamid Mir after the man, convicted for his central role in the attack on the Indian parliament, was hanged in New Delhi Saturday.
"...I think he was innocent but hanged in India," tweeted Hamid Mir.
Nine people were killed in the Dec 13, 2001 Indian parliament attack when five heavily-armed Pakistani terrorists drove into the parliament complex and opened fire. There were about 100 MPs in the building at the time of the attack. The terrorists were shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?