I think Afzal Guru was innocent, says Hamid Mir
Islamabad: Afzal Guru was "innocent", said Pakistani journalist and TV anchor Hamid Mir after the man, convicted for his central role in the attack on the Indian parliament, was hanged in New Delhi Saturday.
"...I think he was innocent but hanged in India," tweeted Hamid Mir.
Nine people were killed in the Dec 13, 2001 Indian parliament attack when five heavily-armed Pakistani terrorists drove into the parliament complex and opened fire. There were about 100 MPs in the building at the time of the attack. The terrorists were shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs