‘Imran Khan-led party goes down in popularity’
Karachi: Imran Khan-led Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf party`s popularity has gone down by a massive 22 per cent among likely voters in the next general elections in 2013, according to a survey.
The survey, conducted by the International Republican Institute (IRI), has shown that the Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz Sharif group) has witnessed an increase of 3.7 per cent in its popularity.
The increase in the popularity ratings of the PML-N comes despite stringent criticism by cricketer-turned-politician Imran of the PML-N and its leaders.
The survey shows that the PML-N is currently the single most popular party in the country.
The survey posed the question among voters that if the elections for the National Assembly were to be held next week, who were the respondents most likely to vote for and the results might have come as a shock for the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf party.
Conducted between July and August 2012, from a pool of 6,001 respondents, the survey compared results from an earlier survey carried out in February 2012.
According to the IRI survey, 28 per cent of the respondents agreed to vote for PML-N, closely followed by the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf at 24 per cent.
The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) took the third spot with 14 per cent votes whereas Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) polled 3 per cent.
The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf party has been facing internal strifes in recent times and one of its vice presidents Shireen Mazari resigned this week in protest against the party policies.
According to the survey 91 per cent of the people believed that Pakistan was heading in the wrong direction.
Respondents termed electricity and inflation to be the two most important issues being faced by Pakistan.
Seventy-nine per cent people vowed to cast their votes in the next elections, 12 per cent did not want to vote, while 6 per cent are not yet fully ready.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi