India terms Bangla media reports on defence pact `imaginary`
Dhaka: India on Tuesday rejected as "imaginary"
Bangladeshi media reports which claimed that the two countries
were planning to sign a bilateral defence pact.
"These reports are totally untrue. The reports are
speculative and imaginary. There is no proposal to conclude a
Defence Agreement under consideration," a spokesman of the
Indian High Commission here said in a statement.
The statement came in the wake of reports here about the
"proposal to conclude Defence Agreement between Bangladesh and
Rightwing `Naya Diganta` newspaper had carried a report
two days back, claiming that Dhaka and New Delhi were
pondering about a long-term defence pact.
Referring to the report, former prime minister Khaleda
Zia`s main opposition BNP`s secretary general Khondker Delwar
yesterday said the proposed pact was "unnecessary" and it
would not be acceptable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack