India terms Bangla media reports on defence pact `imaginary`
Dhaka: India on Tuesday rejected as "imaginary"
Bangladeshi media reports which claimed that the two countries
were planning to sign a bilateral defence pact.
"These reports are totally untrue. The reports are
speculative and imaginary. There is no proposal to conclude a
Defence Agreement under consideration," a spokesman of the
Indian High Commission here said in a statement.
The statement came in the wake of reports here about the
"proposal to conclude Defence Agreement between Bangladesh and
Rightwing `Naya Diganta` newspaper had carried a report
two days back, claiming that Dhaka and New Delhi were
pondering about a long-term defence pact.
Referring to the report, former prime minister Khaleda
Zia`s main opposition BNP`s secretary general Khondker Delwar
yesterday said the proposed pact was "unnecessary" and it
would not be acceptable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!