India terms Bangla media reports on defence pact `imaginary`
Dhaka: India on Tuesday rejected as "imaginary"
Bangladeshi media reports which claimed that the two countries
were planning to sign a bilateral defence pact.
"These reports are totally untrue. The reports are
speculative and imaginary. There is no proposal to conclude a
Defence Agreement under consideration," a spokesman of the
Indian High Commission here said in a statement.
The statement came in the wake of reports here about the
"proposal to conclude Defence Agreement between Bangladesh and
Rightwing `Naya Diganta` newspaper had carried a report
two days back, claiming that Dhaka and New Delhi were
pondering about a long-term defence pact.
Referring to the report, former prime minister Khaleda
Zia`s main opposition BNP`s secretary general Khondker Delwar
yesterday said the proposed pact was "unnecessary" and it
would not be acceptable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000