India terms Bangla media reports on defence pact `imaginary`
Dhaka: India on Tuesday rejected as "imaginary"
Bangladeshi media reports which claimed that the two countries
were planning to sign a bilateral defence pact.
"These reports are totally untrue. The reports are
speculative and imaginary. There is no proposal to conclude a
Defence Agreement under consideration," a spokesman of the
Indian High Commission here said in a statement.
The statement came in the wake of reports here about the
"proposal to conclude Defence Agreement between Bangladesh and
Rightwing `Naya Diganta` newspaper had carried a report
two days back, claiming that Dhaka and New Delhi were
pondering about a long-term defence pact.
Referring to the report, former prime minister Khaleda
Zia`s main opposition BNP`s secretary general Khondker Delwar
yesterday said the proposed pact was "unnecessary" and it
would not be acceptable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in