India trapped in ‘Cold War’ mindset: Qureshi
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has blamed India of being trapped in a ‘Cold War mindset’ and said that New Delhi is not serious in resolving issues through talks with Islamabad, which were resumed last month after a 14-month-long hiatus.
Qureshi said India is following the approach of ‘talks for the sake of talks’.
“Engaging in talks for the sake of talks will serve no purpose. India has to change its approach towards Pakistan which somehow continues to be anchored in the Cold War mindset,” Qureshi said.
During a meeting with his visiting Norwegian counterpart Jonas Gahr Stor, Qureshi said Pakistan approached the February 25 foreign secretary level talks with India with an ‘open mindset’ and wanted its ties with the neighbouring country to normalise through meaningful dialogue.
Commenting on the Pakistan Army’s offensive against the extremists in Malakand and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), he stressed that it was important to accelerate the reconstruction and rehabilitation process in the region to achieve a ‘decisive victory against the Taliban’.
“Pakistan is diligently pursuing the strategy of clearing, holding and rebuilding the war-affected areas,” The Daily Times quoted Qureshi, as saying.
“There is nonetheless the need for international assistance and support to build the war-torn region as time is of the essence. Pakistan cannot afford for the efforts aimed at winning the hearts of the locals to unravel at this critical stage,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan