`Iran, Pakistan can establish peace in the region`
Islamabad: Iran and Pakistan could play an important role in establishing peace and stability in the region, a top Pakistani politician has said.
Senate chairman Syed Nayyer Hussain Bukhari said this to Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, the Daily Times reported on Sunday.
Bukhari emphasised the need for increasing trade between the two counties. He said the present level of USD 1.3 billion trade was insufficient given the potential of the neighbours.
Referring to the scourge of terrorism being faced by Pakistan, the Senate chairman said Pakistan has "paid a high price" in its fight against terror, and called for a closer Islamabad-Tehran cooperation in uprooting the menace.
On the Afghan security issue, Bukhari said Pakistan believes in an Afghan-owned solution to the problem, but that trilateral cooperation among Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan was also important in establishing peace and stability in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden