Iran to attend Kabul international conference
Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki will head to Kabul on Tuesday to participate in the international conference on Afghanistan.
Kabul will host an international conference on July 20, where senior officials from the international community would be getting together to discuss Afghanistan`s priorities on different areas. The conference will be attended by UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon.
Mottaki has been invited by his Afghan counterpart Zalmai Rassoul to the conference.
The conference will also be attended by senior officials from the United Nations, the US, Russia, Britain, Germany, some other European countries, and Afghanistan`s neighbours, as well as officials from international organisations including the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO).
Afghan officials have pinned great hope on this conference because the European countries and the US have postponed delivering aid to Afghanistan for the reconstruction of this country till after this conference.
A series of international conferences were held previously in different countries including Germany, Japan, France, and Britain with the purpose of promoting security in Afghanistan and reconstructing the war-ravaged country.
The Kabul Conference is a follow-up to the London conference held in January where international community had renewed its support to Afghanistan and agreed to channel 50 percent of the donors` fund through the Afghan government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata