Iran to attend Kabul international conference
Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki will head to Kabul on Tuesday to participate in the international conference on Afghanistan.
Kabul will host an international conference on July 20, where senior officials from the international community would be getting together to discuss Afghanistan`s priorities on different areas. The conference will be attended by UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon.
Mottaki has been invited by his Afghan counterpart Zalmai Rassoul to the conference.
The conference will also be attended by senior officials from the United Nations, the US, Russia, Britain, Germany, some other European countries, and Afghanistan`s neighbours, as well as officials from international organisations including the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO).
Afghan officials have pinned great hope on this conference because the European countries and the US have postponed delivering aid to Afghanistan for the reconstruction of this country till after this conference.
A series of international conferences were held previously in different countries including Germany, Japan, France, and Britain with the purpose of promoting security in Afghanistan and reconstructing the war-ravaged country.
The Kabul Conference is a follow-up to the London conference held in January where international community had renewed its support to Afghanistan and agreed to channel 50 percent of the donors` fund through the Afghan government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts