ISI plotting to target Indians in Kabul: Report
New Delhi: The activities of Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) are in question once again.
According to an Indian daily, Afghan Security agencies have found that an ISI outfit located inside a military cantonment in Kohat in the North West Frontier Province of Pakistan has been engaged in anti-India operations.
Earlier as well, some highly-placed sources had claimed that ISI was involved in Kabul suicide attacks in February which targeted Indian assets.
As per the daily, Afghan Security agencies had prepared a detailed dossier on ISI activities across Afghanistan for President Hamid Karzai ahead of his just concluded visit to the US. Karzai has reportedly shared the information contained in the dossier with US authorities.
The dossier had a section which specifically contained information regarding ISI`s efforts to target Indian entities in Afghanistan, including the Indian embassy and its consulates, and Indian companies and their projects.
In fact, the dossier has also named two Pakistani officials - Major Siraj and Major Mohammed Ali – who operate from outside the ISI office. According to the daily, the two officers are allegedly behind the February 26 embassy attack. And in fact, they have been plotting as well as coordinating activities against Indian assets with the help of various terror groups like Lashkar-e-Toiba.
Taliban had claimed responsibility for the February 26 bombing. The attack had complicated matters for India as it had then just started engaging with Pakistan.
In September 2009, India`s external intelligence wing, RAW, had also given an input, saying that officials from ISI`s joint intelligence (north) wing had discussed plans to target Indian aid workers in Kabul with the Gulbuddin Hekmatyar group.
India shares delicate ties with Afghanistan. In fact, New Delhi is now preparing to hold talks with Pakistan in July. Albeit the situation is tense, India has to be careful enough to process this information in the right way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid