Lahore: A Pakistani court conducting the trial of
seven suspects in the Mumbai attack case was on Saturday told by a
prosecution witness that "handlers from Karachi" had made
calls giving directions to the terrorists who had launched the
Forensic expert Nauman Ashraf Bodla, appearing as the
prosecution witness of the Federal Investigation Agency,
told the court that the handlers called from three numbers and
gave directions to the Mumbai attackers during the siege.
He, however, said the three numbers had been used for the
purpose and had been issued on a fake identity in the name of
Prosecutor Chaudhry Zulifqar said that Bodla had
submitted a seven-page report to the court, informing it about
the handlers giving direction to the attackers in Mumbai.
He said the defence also completed its arguments.
Defence counsel Khawaja Sultan Ahmed on his part argued
that the `handlers` Bodla had talked about had nothing to do
with the accused.
The witness did not know the identity of the callers so
what had they to do with his clients, he argued.
After the hearing, Khawaja Sultan said that the court
was also informed that three Indians, including two women, had
made calls to people in Karachi, PoK and Nepal during the
attacks in Mumbai.
The hearing was adjourned till September 10.
However, the court is soon expected to announce its
decision on the application of the prosecution to constitute a
commission to send to India.