Karzai calls on Afghan troops to clean up own act
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai is calling on his own security forces to clean up their act and end incidents of torture and abuse of the Afghan people.
The remarks are a shift in tone from Karzai`s speeches that have solely blamed foreign troops for abuse.
Karzai told Parliament on Wednesday that Afghan forces are violating their own people`s rights, making it harder for him to raise the issue when abuses are carried out by foreigners.
He says he didn`t initially want to believe reports that his own security forces had tortured prisoners.
Karzai has also blamed US special operations troops together with Afghan forces for a series of alleged incidents in Wardak province, and has called for the withdrawal of US special operations troops there. US officials say they are investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair