Karzai calls on Afghan troops to clean up own act
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai is calling on his own security forces to clean up their act and end incidents of torture and abuse of the Afghan people.
The remarks are a shift in tone from Karzai`s speeches that have solely blamed foreign troops for abuse.
Karzai told Parliament on Wednesday that Afghan forces are violating their own people`s rights, making it harder for him to raise the issue when abuses are carried out by foreigners.
He says he didn`t initially want to believe reports that his own security forces had tortured prisoners.
Karzai has also blamed US special operations troops together with Afghan forces for a series of alleged incidents in Wardak province, and has called for the withdrawal of US special operations troops there. US officials say they are investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Ranji games at neutral venues, Duleep's zonal system scrapped
- Donald Trump slams Barack Obama for not mentioning Pearl Harbour attack
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley