Kayani’s term as Pak army chief should not be extended: Imran Khan
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan has said General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani’s term as Chief of Army Staff should not be extended any further.
During an interview on ‘Kal Tak’, Khan appreciated Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for calling the All Parties Conference (APC) to devise counter-terrorism strategies.
According to the Express Tribune, he, however, added that in order to curtail crime, national institutions needed to be strengthened, and therefore General Kayani’s tenure should not be extended.
Asserting that the tenure of former president Pervez Musharraf had also weakened institutions, he said that he wanted cases against former president Asif Ali Zardari to re-open, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube