Kayani’s term as Pak army chief should not be extended: Imran Khan
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan has said General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani’s term as Chief of Army Staff should not be extended any further.
During an interview on ‘Kal Tak’, Khan appreciated Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for calling the All Parties Conference (APC) to devise counter-terrorism strategies.
According to the Express Tribune, he, however, added that in order to curtail crime, national institutions needed to be strengthened, and therefore General Kayani’s tenure should not be extended.
Asserting that the tenure of former president Pervez Musharraf had also weakened institutions, he said that he wanted cases against former president Asif Ali Zardari to re-open, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane