Kayani’s term as Pak army chief should not be extended: Imran Khan
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan has said General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani’s term as Chief of Army Staff should not be extended any further.
During an interview on ‘Kal Tak’, Khan appreciated Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for calling the All Parties Conference (APC) to devise counter-terrorism strategies.
According to the Express Tribune, he, however, added that in order to curtail crime, national institutions needed to be strengthened, and therefore General Kayani’s tenure should not be extended.
Asserting that the tenure of former president Pervez Musharraf had also weakened institutions, he said that he wanted cases against former president Asif Ali Zardari to re-open, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users