Kidnapped British boy released in Pakistan
Islamabad: A five-year-old British boy kidnapped while on holiday in Pakistan with his family this month has been released, the British high commission in Islamabad said Tuesday.
Sahil Saeed was taken from his grandmother`s house in the town of Jhelum, about 100 kilometres (65 miles) south of Islamabad, on March 4.
His relatives said he was taken by robbers who stole jewellery, cash and demanded a 120,000-dollar ransom.
"This is fantastic news. It brings to an end the traumatic ordeal faced by Sahil and his family," British High Commissioner (ambassador) Adam Thomson said in a statement read out by a spokesman for the diplomatic mission.
"I would like to praise the high level of cooperation between UK and Pakistani authorities and in particular I would like to thank the Jhelum police for their role in bringing about the safe return of Sahil," he added.
The British high commissioner gave no details on when, where or how the boy had been released, nor confirmed his current whereabouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof