Lahore railway station blast toll rises to four
Lahore: An eight-year-old boy, a victim of the bomb attack at the Lahore railway station, has succumbed to his injuries, increasing the toll in the blast to four.
Police officials said Mehmood Ahmad succumbed to his injuries at the Children Hospital.
His younger brother, four-year-old Aamir Ahmad, was among three persons who were killed instantly when the bomb went off on a platform of the railway station on Tuesday.
The father of the boys, Zahoor Ahmad of Khanpura Rahim Yar Khan, was present at the railway station with 14 members of his family.
Several of them sustained injuries and are being treated in Mayo Hospital.
Ahmad and his family had come to Lahore to offer prayers at a shrine in Lakho Dher area.
Though investigators have not had any success in identifying those responsible for the blast, the railways police chief claimed some clues regarding the attack had been found after the recovery of a bomb in the Awami Express train at Attock Wednesday.
The explosion at the Lahore railway station occurred shortly after the Awami Express pulled into the platform.
Witnesses said the blast occurred when a porter lifted a bag removed from the train. The Awami Express was going from Karachi to Peshawar.
Railways Police SSP Shahzad Aslam Siddiqi said it was believed after the discovery of the bomb in the Awami Express that the person who had left a bag with an explosive device at the Lahore Railway Station was also transporting more explosives to Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province for other attacks.
Siddiqi said the improvised explosive device found in the Awami Express was fitted with detonators and a remote control.
Another investigator said the terrorist group believed to be involved in Tuesday`s blast was linked to at least 14 bombings on railway tracks in Sindh province during February.
He said pamphlets found near the blast sites in Sindh carried the name of the Sindhu Desh Liberation Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3