‘LTTE fabricated videos to gain propaganda advantage`
Colombo: The Tamil Tigers fabricated video footage to demonise Sri Lankan military and distributed them among international media to gain propaganda advantage, the now defunct LTTE`s former media co-ordinator has claimed.
Velayudam Dayanidhi alias Daya Master told state-owned ITN television that fabricated footage produced in 2002 during the ceasefire with the Army was distributed internationally.
"The footage used by Channel 4 are those fabricated footage issued by the LTTE," Daya Master said.
The British Channel 4 television telecast video footage titled `Sri Lanka killing fields 1 and 2` and `Sri Lanka killing fields - war crimes unpunished` which it alleged carry incriminating evidence of war crimes committed by Lankan troops.
The government has dismissed the Channel 4 videos as fabrications.
On the allegation of LTTE chief V Prabakaran`s 12-year-old son Balachandran`s killing by army in the latest Channel 4 video, Daya Master said Balachandran was under tight protection of LTTE guards and he may have been shot by LTTE guards when tried to flee.
The government has accused the Channel 4 of running a smear campaign against Sri Lanka to coincide with the ongoing UN Human Rights Council sessions in Geneva.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details