Malik announces 10-yr passport validity from Sep 15
Lahore: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has announced an enhancement in the period of passport validity from five years to ten years from September 15.
He made this announcement after inaugurating the Integrated Border Management System (IBMS) at the Allama Iqbal International Airport, reports The News.
Malik also said the government would not allow anyone to use illegal SIM cards. He said the government was considering new procedure for blocking suspected SIM cards as information about the citizens was no more secure. He said that the new system would also help the FBR raise tax recoveries.
Malik also said that a new counter of NADRA would be set up at the airport for security and immigration. He added that law enforcement agencies could benefit from the new system in tracking culprits, adding that it would help break terrorism networks and track terrorists.
Malik said the government`s first priority was the protection of the lives of the people and no compromise would be made in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed