Malik announces 10-yr passport validity from Sep 15
Lahore: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has announced an enhancement in the period of passport validity from five years to ten years from September 15.
He made this announcement after inaugurating the Integrated Border Management System (IBMS) at the Allama Iqbal International Airport, reports The News.
Malik also said the government would not allow anyone to use illegal SIM cards. He said the government was considering new procedure for blocking suspected SIM cards as information about the citizens was no more secure. He said that the new system would also help the FBR raise tax recoveries.
Malik also said that a new counter of NADRA would be set up at the airport for security and immigration. He added that law enforcement agencies could benefit from the new system in tracking culprits, adding that it would help break terrorism networks and track terrorists.
Malik said the government`s first priority was the protection of the lives of the people and no compromise would be made in this regard.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India