Malik announces 10-yr passport validity from Sep 15
Lahore: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has announced an enhancement in the period of passport validity from five years to ten years from September 15.
He made this announcement after inaugurating the Integrated Border Management System (IBMS) at the Allama Iqbal International Airport, reports The News.
Malik also said the government would not allow anyone to use illegal SIM cards. He said the government was considering new procedure for blocking suspected SIM cards as information about the citizens was no more secure. He said that the new system would also help the FBR raise tax recoveries.
Malik also said that a new counter of NADRA would be set up at the airport for security and immigration. He added that law enforcement agencies could benefit from the new system in tracking culprits, adding that it would help break terrorism networks and track terrorists.
Malik said the government`s first priority was the protection of the lives of the people and no compromise would be made in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling