Malik announces 10-yr passport validity from Sep 15
Lahore: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has announced an enhancement in the period of passport validity from five years to ten years from September 15.
He made this announcement after inaugurating the Integrated Border Management System (IBMS) at the Allama Iqbal International Airport, reports The News.
Malik also said the government would not allow anyone to use illegal SIM cards. He said the government was considering new procedure for blocking suspected SIM cards as information about the citizens was no more secure. He said that the new system would also help the FBR raise tax recoveries.
Malik also said that a new counter of NADRA would be set up at the airport for security and immigration. He added that law enforcement agencies could benefit from the new system in tracking culprits, adding that it would help break terrorism networks and track terrorists.
Malik said the government`s first priority was the protection of the lives of the people and no compromise would be made in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre