Malik Riaz likely to file case against Pak CJ`s son
Lahore: Real estate tycoon Malik Riaz Hussain is likely to file a case in Britain against Pakistan Chief Justice Iftkhar Chaudhry`s son Arsalan Iftikhar over alleged payments and financial favours, the businessman`s lawyer has said.
Zahid Bokhari, the lawyer for Hussain, will travel to Britain on Tuesday to explore the possibility of filing the case.
"Had Pakistani courts done justice, there would be no need to approach foreign courts," Bokhari said.
The Supreme Court recently declared that matters between Hussain and Arsalan were a private issue between two individuals and they could resort to legal proceedings against each other.
"Arsalan Iftikhar enjoyed benefits in London at the expense of Malik Riaz Hussain. Therefore, a competent court of the country could be approached for legal action," Bokhari said.
Legal experts in Britain will be consulted about filing a civil or criminal case against Arsalan, he said.
Earlier this month, the Supreme Court dissolved an inquiry commission a day after it revealed that the Chief Justice`s son had admitted that he made two foreign visits that were paid for by Hussain and his associates.
The inquiry commission headed by former Intelligence Bureau chief Shoaib Suddle was formed by the apex court after Hussain alleged that he funded three foreign trips by the Chief Justices’s son and spent Rs 342 million on him to influence cases in the Supreme Court.
The development fuelled speculation that the apex court was acting in a partisan manner to shield Arsalan.
The Chief Justice has been under a cloud since Hussain made the allegations against his son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?