Malik Riaz likely to file case against Pak CJ`s son
Lahore: Real estate tycoon Malik Riaz Hussain is likely to file a case in Britain against Pakistan Chief Justice Iftkhar Chaudhry`s son Arsalan Iftikhar over alleged payments and financial favours, the businessman`s lawyer has said.
Zahid Bokhari, the lawyer for Hussain, will travel to Britain on Tuesday to explore the possibility of filing the case.
"Had Pakistani courts done justice, there would be no need to approach foreign courts," Bokhari said.
The Supreme Court recently declared that matters between Hussain and Arsalan were a private issue between two individuals and they could resort to legal proceedings against each other.
"Arsalan Iftikhar enjoyed benefits in London at the expense of Malik Riaz Hussain. Therefore, a competent court of the country could be approached for legal action," Bokhari said.
Legal experts in Britain will be consulted about filing a civil or criminal case against Arsalan, he said.
Earlier this month, the Supreme Court dissolved an inquiry commission a day after it revealed that the Chief Justice`s son had admitted that he made two foreign visits that were paid for by Hussain and his associates.
The inquiry commission headed by former Intelligence Bureau chief Shoaib Suddle was formed by the apex court after Hussain alleged that he funded three foreign trips by the Chief Justices’s son and spent Rs 342 million on him to influence cases in the Supreme Court.
The development fuelled speculation that the apex court was acting in a partisan manner to shield Arsalan.
The Chief Justice has been under a cloud since Hussain made the allegations against his son.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij