Malik Riaz likely to file case against Pak CJ`s son
Lahore: Real estate tycoon Malik Riaz Hussain is likely to file a case in Britain against Pakistan Chief Justice Iftkhar Chaudhry`s son Arsalan Iftikhar over alleged payments and financial favours, the businessman`s lawyer has said.
Zahid Bokhari, the lawyer for Hussain, will travel to Britain on Tuesday to explore the possibility of filing the case.
"Had Pakistani courts done justice, there would be no need to approach foreign courts," Bokhari said.
The Supreme Court recently declared that matters between Hussain and Arsalan were a private issue between two individuals and they could resort to legal proceedings against each other.
"Arsalan Iftikhar enjoyed benefits in London at the expense of Malik Riaz Hussain. Therefore, a competent court of the country could be approached for legal action," Bokhari said.
Legal experts in Britain will be consulted about filing a civil or criminal case against Arsalan, he said.
Earlier this month, the Supreme Court dissolved an inquiry commission a day after it revealed that the Chief Justice`s son had admitted that he made two foreign visits that were paid for by Hussain and his associates.
The inquiry commission headed by former Intelligence Bureau chief Shoaib Suddle was formed by the apex court after Hussain alleged that he funded three foreign trips by the Chief Justices’s son and spent Rs 342 million on him to influence cases in the Supreme Court.
The development fuelled speculation that the apex court was acting in a partisan manner to shield Arsalan.
The Chief Justice has been under a cloud since Hussain made the allegations against his son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray