Man in Pakistani Punjab attacks step-daughters with acid
Lahore: A man in Pakistan`s Punjab province attacked his two young step-daughters with acid for refusing to marry men chosen by him, police said today.
Muhammad Aslam, a mason from Pattoki village, located 70 km from provincial capital Lahore, threw acid on his step-daughters Malaika, 19, and Javeria, 23, while they were asleep last night.
Both victims were brought to Jinnah Hospital in Lahore, where doctors described their condition as critical.
Police said Aslam often quarrelled with his step-daughters on the issue of their marriage. "He wanted to marry them with men of his choice," police official Bashir Ahmed said.
Aslam had allegedly accepted money from a man in his neighbourhood after promising to marry one of the step-daughters to him.
"When both girls refused the proposal, Aslam threw acid on them to teach them a lesson," Ahmed said.
A case was registered against Aslam and police are conducting raids to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets