Marriage registration optional for Bangladeshi Hindus
Dhaka: The Bangladesh Cabinet on Monday approved a draft of the Hindu Marriage Registration Act 2012, which makes the registration of marriage optional and not mandatory for the community.
The approval came at the weekly cabinet meeting here chaired by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
This was disclosed to the media by Cabinet Secretary Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan, the Daily Star reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS