Marriage registration optional for Bangladeshi Hindus
Dhaka: The Bangladesh Cabinet on Monday approved a draft of the Hindu Marriage Registration Act 2012, which makes the registration of marriage optional and not mandatory for the community.
The approval came at the weekly cabinet meeting here chaired by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
This was disclosed to the media by Cabinet Secretary Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan, the Daily Star reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter