Marriage registration optional for Bangladeshi Hindus
Dhaka: The Bangladesh Cabinet on Monday approved a draft of the Hindu Marriage Registration Act 2012, which makes the registration of marriage optional and not mandatory for the community.
The approval came at the weekly cabinet meeting here chaired by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
This was disclosed to the media by Cabinet Secretary Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan, the Daily Star reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen