Mastermind behind Bhutto’s 2007 Karachi blast held
Islamabad: Pakistani security officials have claimed arresting a Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) operative who is said to be the mastermind of the suicide attack which targeted former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto’s rally in Karachi in October 2007.
An Interior Ministry spokesman confirmed Azmatullah’s arrest, who is believed to have plotted the suicide attack in Karachi that killed over 145 and injured nearly 450 people, a news agency reported.
Bhutto had miraculously survived the attack on the welcome rally, which was organised to celebrate her return to her homeland after a long exile in Dubai.
Bhutto was killed two months later in a gun and bomb attack in Rawalpindi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price