Mastermind behind Bhutto’s 2007 Karachi blast held
Islamabad: Pakistani security officials have claimed arresting a Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) operative who is said to be the mastermind of the suicide attack which targeted former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto’s rally in Karachi in October 2007.
An Interior Ministry spokesman confirmed Azmatullah’s arrest, who is believed to have plotted the suicide attack in Karachi that killed over 145 and injured nearly 450 people, a news agency reported.
Bhutto had miraculously survived the attack on the welcome rally, which was organised to celebrate her return to her homeland after a long exile in Dubai.
Bhutto was killed two months later in a gun and bomb attack in Rawalpindi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference