Militants kidnap over 20 Pakistani policemen
Islamabad: Unidentified militants Thursday attacked a checkpost in northwest Pakistan, killing at least two security personnel and kidnapping 22 others, media reports said.
The attack took place in Darra Adam Khel in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Xinhua reported citing local media.
One security personnel was injured in the attack.
A report quoted security sources as saying that an estimated 30 militants were involved in the attack.
Another report said 33 security personnel were kidnapped.
There was, however, no official confirmation about the reports.
Darra Adam Khel is located around 40 km south of Peshawar, the provincial capital. The town is famous for production of a wide variety of weapons ranging from pistols to automatic weapons and anti-aircraft guns, Xinhua said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials