Militants kidnap over 20 Pakistani policemen
Islamabad: Unidentified militants Thursday attacked a checkpost in northwest Pakistan, killing at least two security personnel and kidnapping 22 others, media reports said.
The attack took place in Darra Adam Khel in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Xinhua reported citing local media.
One security personnel was injured in the attack.
A report quoted security sources as saying that an estimated 30 militants were involved in the attack.
Another report said 33 security personnel were kidnapped.
There was, however, no official confirmation about the reports.
Darra Adam Khel is located around 40 km south of Peshawar, the provincial capital. The town is famous for production of a wide variety of weapons ranging from pistols to automatic weapons and anti-aircraft guns, Xinhua said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof