Militants kidnap over 20 Pakistani policemen
Islamabad: Unidentified militants Thursday attacked a checkpost in northwest Pakistan, killing at least two security personnel and kidnapping 22 others, media reports said.
The attack took place in Darra Adam Khel in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Xinhua reported citing local media.
One security personnel was injured in the attack.
A report quoted security sources as saying that an estimated 30 militants were involved in the attack.
Another report said 33 security personnel were kidnapped.
There was, however, no official confirmation about the reports.
Darra Adam Khel is located around 40 km south of Peshawar, the provincial capital. The town is famous for production of a wide variety of weapons ranging from pistols to automatic weapons and anti-aircraft guns, Xinhua said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das