Militants kill two policemen in Pakistan
Islamabad: Two policemen, including a Deputy Superintendent of Police, were killed in an attack by suspected militants in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan on Monday, officials said.
DSP Mir Mohammad Dashti and his bodyguard were shot dead in Essa Nagri area of Quetta `this evening`.
Both men were seriously injured in the shooting and Dashti died while being taken to hospital.
The other policeman succumbed to his injuries in hospital, officials said.
Security officials cordoned off the area and began a search for the attackers.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends