Militants kill two policemen in Pakistan
Islamabad: Two policemen, including a Deputy Superintendent of Police, were killed in an attack by suspected militants in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan on Monday, officials said.
DSP Mir Mohammad Dashti and his bodyguard were shot dead in Essa Nagri area of Quetta `this evening`.
Both men were seriously injured in the shooting and Dashti died while being taken to hospital.
The other policeman succumbed to his injuries in hospital, officials said.
Security officials cordoned off the area and began a search for the attackers.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'