Militants kill two policemen in Pakistan
Islamabad: Two policemen, including a Deputy Superintendent of Police, were killed in an attack by suspected militants in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan on Monday, officials said.
DSP Mir Mohammad Dashti and his bodyguard were shot dead in Essa Nagri area of Quetta `this evening`.
Both men were seriously injured in the shooting and Dashti died while being taken to hospital.
The other policeman succumbed to his injuries in hospital, officials said.
Security officials cordoned off the area and began a search for the attackers.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands