Militants kill two policemen in Pakistan
Islamabad: Two policemen, including a Deputy Superintendent of Police, were killed in an attack by suspected militants in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan on Monday, officials said.
DSP Mir Mohammad Dashti and his bodyguard were shot dead in Essa Nagri area of Quetta `this evening`.
Both men were seriously injured in the shooting and Dashti died while being taken to hospital.
The other policeman succumbed to his injuries in hospital, officials said.
Security officials cordoned off the area and began a search for the attackers.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman